- A basket of 25 balls costs £1
- A £1 token for the ball dispenser can be purchased from the bar or from the Pro-Shop
- The club will offer various discounts to those who wish to practice more intensively.
- Junior members, from the ages of 7 to 17, are entitled to free range balls
- ClubGolf participants will be provided with complimentary balls.
- The collection of the golf balls will usually take place an hour before sunset where the range will be closed for this purpose.
- The range may also be partially or fully closed for coaching purposes like ClubGolf sessions.
The range will be managed by the Professional, the Course Manager and the General Manager under the direction of a Range Convenor appointed by the General Manager and they will be collectively responsible for the day to day running of the facility. Any problems should be directed to the Professional or the General Manager.
Who May Use Range
The use of the range will only be available to Turnhouse members and green fee paying member’s guests and green fee paying visitors. Non-member adults accompanying juniors are not permitted to use the range.
Times of Opening
The range will be open every day except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Short Game Area
The adjoining short game area (pitching and putting greens) will remain free of charge and members must use their own practice balls in these areas.
Loss of Card
If a member loses his/her card then he/she will lose any credits on the card and will be required to pay for a new card
All aspects of the range and its operation will be kept under constant review and may be subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Board.
Rules of the Range
- Players may only play from the designated bays using purchased range balls.
- Play is only permitted from the bays westwards
- Players should stand well apart from any neighbouring players when hitting
- Only one player permitted per bay and not more than two other persons may congregate around that player
- Players must not enter the range for any reason.
- The baskets should be returned to the dispenser shed when empty
- To maximise the use of the grass on the driving range, players should place their next ball on the grassy back edge of the previous divot hole removing just a small portion of grass in each swing. This will decrease the area affected and increase the rate at which the hitting area will recover. Players should scatter the divot mix provided over the damaged area once finished.
- When balls are being collected, no play is allowed
- Juniors, using their free ball allocation, may only occupy up to three bays at any one time
- Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in a loss of privileges.